How to Tie Tichels, Scarves & Wraps
Tying techniques for a Snood or Scarf (Tichel) Head Coverings
The same tying technique can be used for tying both snood and tiechels (scarves) with the attached ties.
TO TIE A SCARF OR SNOOD WITH TIES:
- Place the snood head covering on head by slipping your hair into the sack of the snood.
- Pull the front edge up to the desired position on front of head. Or for a scarf drape scarf front edge at desired position on head.
- Tie the cording ties underneath snood sack or under the tail of the scarf and hair.
- Then bring each end of the cording ties up and tie over the tail of the snood or scarf.
- By bringing the tied cording ends back underneath the tail of the snood or scarf once again will create an additional pretty touch while securing the headcovering even more.
TYING A MANTILLA VEIL OR VEIL WRAP:
- Place veil on head.
- Bring opposite ends of the veil underneath hair and the tail of veil.
- Criss-cross ends of veil underneath hair and tail of veil.
- Next bring each veil end up and tie over the tail of the veil creating an pretty and elegant look.
Examples of Various Ways to Wear a Tiechel, Snood or Mantilla Veil with Cording, Lace or Band Ties
Each scarf (and snood) listed for purchase can be tied as displayed in the following pictures:
Untied | Self Tied | Tied Underneath | Pony-Tail Tie | Double Pony-Tail Tied
*Contact us if you have any questions concerning the tying of a particular head covering.