Headcoverings Main Menu | Head Scarf Tying Instructions
How To Tie a Tichel, Tiechel
How to Tie a Scarf, Snood or Mantilla - How to Tie Head Coverings
Tying techniques for a Snood or Scarf (Tichel) Head Coverings
The same tying technique can be used for tying both snood and tiechels (scarves) with the attached ties.
To tie scarf or snood with ties:
- Place the snood head covering on head by slipping your hair into the sack of the snood
- Pull the front edge up to the desired position on front of head
- Or for a scarf drape scarf front edge at desired position on head
- Tie the cording ties underneath snood sack or under the tail of the scarf and hair
- Then bring each end of the cording ties up and tie over the tail of the snood or scarf
- By bringing the tied cording ends back underneath the tail of the snood or scarf once again will create an additional pretty touch while securing the headcovering even more.
Tying a Mantilla Veil Head Covering
Using the Veil Itself for tying - Self Tied:
To tie a mantilla veil:
- place veil on head
- Bring opposite ends of the veil underneath hair and the tail of veil
- Criss-cross ends of veil underneath hair and tail of veil
- Next bring each veil end up and tie over the tail of the veil creating an pretty and elegant look.
Various Ways to Wear a Tiechel, Snood or Mantilla Veil with Cording, Lace or Band Ties
Each scarf (and snood) listed for purchase can be tied as displayed in the following pictures.
To tie your scarf or snood as displayed, please refer to the Tying Instructions section above.
Untied - Self Tied - Tied Underneath - Pony-Tail Tie - Double Tied
Contact us if you have any questions concerning the tying of a particular head covering.