Head Coverings Sizing Chart
How To Choose Headcovering Size - Kippah Size, Tichel Size, Veil Size, and Snood Size
How to Measure Head Size for a Buchari Kippah Covering
In the above example, the mannequin's head size is 20 5/8 inches - circumference - the distance around head.
For a custom fit, measure the circumference of the head about 1" above the eyebrows and include that measurement in the comment area when remitting payment, or email the measurement after placement of order. *If you get a half or in between size, it is best to select the next size up.
Triangular Cut Tichel - Mitpachat - or Veil Shape and Sizes
Most all scarves, mitpachat, and mantilla veils are available in extra small, small, medium and large sizes depending on availability. (*Oval cuts are also available where noted.)
- ♦Extra Small size should cover and better fit short hair lengths.
- ♦Size Small should cover and better fit short to shoulder length hair.
- ♦Size Medium should cover and better fit shoulder to upper waist length hair.
- ♦Size Large should cover and better fit upper waist to hip length hair.
How to Measure Head Circumference for Custom Fit Snood Head Coverings
In the above example, the mannequin's head size is 22 inches - circumference - the distance around head.
- ♦Starting at the center of the front hairline, place the tape flat against your head at the point where you will wear the front edge of the snood. In the picture above I have the starting point approx. 2 inches back from hairline. If you are going to wear the snood forward for more coverage, you would instead place the starting of the tape measure at the edge of the hair line at forehead.
- ♦With the tape measure going over the ear (or just above the ear if you plan to wear the edge behind your ears) and towards the back of the head keep the tape at the nape of the neck as you go around to the opposite side of your head and returning back to the starting point.
- ♦This measurement is your head circumference.
Our snood circumference cut fits most all head sizes and our unique tying design allows one to size the headcovering to desired snugness. The pouch (back) length is what is variable and should be considered when purchasing one a snood head covering. If you have a smaller or larger than average head size, or just want a custom fit, please measure head circumference as instructd and either include this measurement in the comment area of the shopping cart at check out or email the measurement after remitting payment. I will note the size needed on the order receipt.
*Please note, listing options of small, medium and large sizes refer to snood pouch length NOT circumference size.